Wood Green Academy is delighted to report some fantastic achievements by its students in their GCSE qualifications this summer.
Notable achievements from the following students, who we are looking forward to welcoming back into our Sixth Form:
- Sam Curtis gained 9 x Grade 9s, 1 x Grade 8. He also was the highest performer in OCR’s GCSE Physics A (Gateway Science) in the country for the June 2023 examinations
- Abda Uddin gained 9 x Grade 9s and 1 x Grade 8
- Saara Khanum gained 5 x Grade 9s and 5 x Grade 8s
- Kenzie Hill gained 3 x Grade 9s, 6 x Grade 8s and 1 x Grade 7
- Sophie Rushton gained 3 x Grade 9s, 6 x Grade 8s and 1 x Grade 7
- Imaan Guernah gained 3 x Grade 9s, 3 x Grade 8s and 4 x Grade 7s
- Isabel Embrey gained 2 x Grade 9s, 4 x Grade 8s and 4 x Grade 7s.
- Arjun Olszewske-Dhahan gained 2 x Grade 9s, 6 x Grade 8s, 1 x Grade 6 and 1 x Grade 5
- Phoebe Preece gained 7 x Grade 8s and 3 x Grade 7s
- Millie Webb gained 1 x Distinction*, 5 x Grade 8s and 4 x Grade 7s.
- Abdul Ahmed gained 1 x Grade 9s, 5 x Grade 8s and 3 x Grade 7 and 1 x Grade 5
Mr James Topham, the school’s headteacher said: “We are immensely proud of all of our students with this set of results. The resilience and drive of all of our students is truly inspiring. As well as the work our students completed, a huge thank you and well done must also go out to all the staff at Wood Green Academy, parents and friends who all worked hard to support our students with their education.”