NEW TO WOOD GREEN
- Green sweatshirt with the school badge on the front and Sports College and Maths/ Computer logo on the sleeves.
- A white short-sleeved polo shirt with the school badge on the front and sports college and Maths/Computer logo on the sleeve.
- Plain black trousers of traditional cut and length.
- Plain Black shoes.
- Must be a full shoe with no logos, stripes or colours.
- No canvas shoes, trainers, dolly shoes, open sandal or high heels. Plain black socks
- 2 x Black pens
- Purple Pen
- Pencil sharpener
- 30cm ruler
- Scientific calculator
- Reading book
- House colour T-Shirt (no collar) with school logo on the front
- Plain black shorts (not hotpants or cycling shorts)
- White football/sports socks (no other socks will be allowed) – white sports socks are recommended for gymnastic activities
- Black micro fleece with school logo on the front – recommended for PE outdoors.
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms with school logo – recommended for PE outdoors.
- Green rugby jersey (reversible – with colour band representing their house) with school logo on the front and Sports College logo on the sleeve – recommended for contact and outdoor sports e.g. rugby
One natural colour, no highlights, no ‘V’ cuts, no tramlines, no hair extensions, no extreme hairstyles. Black/dark green hair adornments only. Minimum of “grade 2” haircuts – no shaved heads. A short plain black headscarf can be worn to cover the hair.
Must be a strong, waterproof bag of at least A4 size. No handbags, shopping bags, string bags (except for PE kit) or bags with large logos.
Religious Ceremonial Wear
While the Governors of the school will always respect the right of students to follow their religious beliefs, they reserve the right to impose restrictions upon the bringing to school of articles that could endanger the well being of the wearer or other members of the school community. A school policy exists which relates specifically to the wearing of the Kirpan and Kara. It restricts the dimensions of the latter and the wearing of the Kirpan to those students who have undergone an official baptism ceremony. Before such a ceremony takes place, parents are advised to acquaint themselves with the terms and conditions of the policy by obtaining a copy from the school. In all cases the school must be informed before a student wears a Kirpan on the premises.