31st December 2020
Dear Parents/ Carers,
As I am sure you have seen in the media, last night, the government announced that the reopening of secondary schools will now be delayed and as a result we will be following the schedule below:
Updated arrangements for the start of term‐ January 2021:
- Monday 4th January is an additional development day to prepare for the testing of students and staff
- Tuesday 5th January will be our rescheduled Development Day from 4th January for staff to work on their remote learning offer.
- Students in 7G, 7W, 8G and 8W will be expected to attend school from Wednesday 6th January as previously mentioned.
- Students in Years 11 and 13 will return to school on Monday 11th January
- Students in Year 12 who study Sport, IT, Health and Social Care and the Extended Diploma in Business should attend school for lessons in those subjects only from Monday 11th January. All other Year 12 lessons/ subjects will have Live
- Lessons online and will return on Monday 18th January.
- Students in Years 7, 8, 9 and 10 will be taught via Live Lessons/ online and will return to school fully on Monday 18th
- January (assuming that they are symptom free).
- SEND Partnership Day on Thursday 7th January will continues as planned as this is taking place remotely/ online.
- The external Year 11 Health & Social Care Exam scheduled for Monday 11th January will continue as planned
- Year 12 External Sport exam will go ahead as planned on 15th January
- Year 11 and 13 Mock and external exams planned for w/c 11th January will continue in school as planned.
- Year 8 Internal Exams will be delayed by a week and will commence on Monday 18th January with exams rescheduled where they have been missed‐ an updated timetable will be shared shortly.
I understand how frustrating these changes are for parents and carers, but schools have been given no time and little choice in responding to these further announcements made by the government yesterday.