Year 7 Catch Up Funding
In 2015-16 a total of £17,000 was awarded for supporting students with low prior attainment at Key Stage 2 defined as below Level 4 in Reading and/or Maths at the end of Key Stage 2.
In order to support these students, the money was allocated to:
- Staffing to allow for smaller groups for lower ability students
- Curriculum interventions through the “Skills Development” programme to target literacy and numeracy
- One to one support in English and Maths
- TLR Holder for Pupil Premium within English and Maths
- Resources for support progress with literacy/ numeracy; including:
- Fresh Start
- VI Form Reading Mentors
- Literacy Booster Packs/ Workbooks
- Numeracy Booster Packs/ Workbooks
- Numeracy Lunch Club
Initial plans for 2016-17 are:
Employ one to one tutors for the following subjects:
The Academy has now included more English and Maths lessons in all years to give more teaching time to core subjects.
Summer School will be targeted at students with low KS2 levels.
Intensive “Getting Secondary Ready” course to be used in September/ October 2016 for students below Level 4/ scaled score of 100 on entry.
Peer Mentoring: extend the mentoring programme to Year 11, 12 and 13, and offer this resource to Year 7 and 8.
Skills Development will be available for students with low starting points across all years, including Keys Stage 4.
More strategic use of Pupil Premium Student Support Manager with Year 7 to support transition and access to “catch up” interventions.
“The Academy has now included more English and Maths lessons in all years to give more teaching time to core subjects.”